CALL FOR SCORES | MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2017
ensemble mise-en is very excited to announce a call for scores for mise-en music festival 2017! Last year, we received 792 submissions, and we ended up programming more than 30 pieces at our annual mise-en music festival 2016.
As the call for scores required, all composers attended the festival and enjoyed meeting each other and working with our musicians. We hope that you will join us next year!
Deadline: September 15, 2016 (EST 11:59PM)
Submission Fee (USD): $15 (except no fee for Category 4)
The guidelines for the submissions:
1. Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
2. Selected composers must be present at the festival (June 20-25, 2017) in New York City.
3. You may only send one piece per category. Please note that multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted as a separate entity.
CATEGORIES (Click one to apply)
1. Mixed ensemble (2-18 instruments with/without electronics/tape)
2. Solo instrument (with/without electronics/tape)
3. Tape/electronics/computer music
4. Miniatures (less then 3 minutes) for solo or mixed ensemble (1-18 musicians)
IMPORTANT -- we will not accept any hard copies or email submissions. All submissions should be made via the following website. (festival.mise-en.org/submission)
If you would like to support mise-en music festival 2017, please consider:
- Liking our Facebook page (facebook.com/miseen)
- Following us on Twitter (twitter.com/ensemblemiseen)
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ section (below). Don’t see your question answered? Please contact the ensemble manager Cheryl Krugel-Lee (email@example.com).
For more information about the previous festivals, please visit the following websites:
- Festival 2014
- Festival 2015
- Festival 2016