CALL FOR SCORES | MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2016
ensemble mise-en (www.mise-en.org) is very excited to announce a call for scores for mise-en music festival 2016! Last year, we received 737 submissions by 602 composers from 51 countries, and we ended up programming 34 pieces at our annual mise-en music festival 2015 (festival.mise-en.org/2015).
As the call for scores required, all composers attended the festival and enjoyed meeting each other and working with our musicians. We hope that you will join us next year!
Deadline: September 1, 2015 (EST 11:59PM)
Submission Fee: $15 (USD)
The guidelines for the submissions:
1. Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
2. Selected composers must be present at the festival (June 22-25, 2016) in New York City.
3. You may only send one piece per category. Please notice that multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted as a separate entity.
4. Those composers chosen to write new works (CATEGORY #4) will be notified by October 1, 2015. All other composers chosen to participate in the festival will be notified by December 1, 2015.
CATEGORIES (Click one to apply)
1. Mixed Ensemble (2-15 instruments with/without electronics/tape)
2. Solo instrument (with/without electronics/tape)
4. Proposal for a new piece (flute, clarinet, trombone, piano, violin and contrabass with/without electronics)
IMPORTANT -- we will not accept any hard copies or email submissions. All submissions should be made via the following website. (festival.mise-en.org/submission)
If you would like to support mise-en music festival 2016, please consider:
- Liking our Facebook page (facebook.com/miseen)
- Following us on Twitter (twitter.com/ensemblemiseen)
If you have any other questions and/or concerns, please contact the ensemble manager Cheryl Krugel-Lee (email@example.com).
For more information, please visit the following websites:
MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2014
MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2015
Call for Scores FAQ